I've spent the weekend recovering from a tooth extraction, so most of my time has been spent laying on the couch under the influence of pain meds. Thankfully, inspiration still struck this weekend when I got the idea to make a shaker thank you card. I am blessed with some of the nicest, most wonderful inlaws in the world, and this summer they let my daughter come and stay with them for two weeks. I was waiting for my rather large Stampin' Up! order to come in (the tracking shows it arriving tomorrow!), but when I got the idea for this project I realized that I don't need the new stamping up supplies to create something very pretty.
In May, I made a scrapbooking album out of some Dear Lizzy supplies that I absolutely adore. I loved the paper so much I kept all the scraps in a plastic project keeper hoping I would find a way to use them up. This card was the perfect opportunity!
I used a stamp and die cut set from Sizzix that features a mason jar. I stamped the jar image onto a smallish piece of leftover floral Dear Lizzy paper and then ran it through my Cuttlebug, which is soon to be replaced by a BigShot. I loved how it looked, but wanted to add more elements to it. Thinking of shaker cards I have seen in the past, inspiration truly struck. First, I fashioned my own shaker cover out of leftover plastic that originally held some paper I got at the dollar spot at Target. I cut the plastic down to fit over the jar and then used a glue runner to turn it into a pocket.
Because it was a thank you card, I filled it with glitter and small bits of confetti that I created using the strips that held the paper into the Dear Lizzy paper pack. I used some Stampin' Up! ink and a stamp from the Three Little Words stamp kit. I inked the stamp so that only the word "Thanks" would be stamped onto the paper. Then, I used a small EK success punch to punch out the stamps. While the strips were too small for the full button to be punched, I really like the shapes they came out as. Also, to prevent everything from sticking at the bottom of the shaker, I glue a couple further up so they would always be visible. Once I had it filled to my liking, I glued the top shut behind the shaker and topped it off with some scrap twine I had leftover from the previous project.
Here is the finished result:
Gather your supplies.